Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Classroom

This blog was created because I want to record and share our new home school lessons and progress, as we learn and discover Montessori little by little. Because the Montessori method is new to all of us and I needed to have a background of the whole concept of this beautiful learning method as well as knowing the lesson presentations in a neat order. Structure in our classroom is very important too.

I decided that I need to learn and train my self to be my children Montessori teacher. I found a very affordable online training class from Karen Tyler and she has a yahoo group you can join: here is her link http://worldwidemontessorionline.com I am taking her worldwidemontessori20 group and I am REALLY impressed. I have learned a lot of information from her albums – they are very affordable. I'm very please and happy for joining.

We started a week ago: I have introduce to them a few activities from Karen Tyler's albums.

Circle Time :

We basically start our day with circle time: We great each other saying good morning and we talk a little bit about how we are feeling in the present moment (that also give me a hint of how to manage them during their lessons, sometimes they are a little cranky or tired, maybe boring) , it is much easier to know how your child feels at the moment of a presentation, you know you are not going to get to much from them if they are not feeling right.

Back to circle time, after greetings we sing a "Good morning song" here is the link for that song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJOXzPKK_g&feature=related.  We also added and recite everyday during circle time "The Pledge of Allegiance". We also talk about the month of the year and the day of the week, for example today is  September 19 th, 20011, the day of the week is Monday (I need to design our  Season's calendar, I will post it very soon), this is a great time to sing a song "The days of the week" here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AvNq2CQnOI.

 The silence game is the end of our Circle time : Silence is very important in a classroom, with this silence exercise that we practice everyday during circle time they are being prepare to know what is silence, what silence is for and why is so important. We need silence to listen to the lessons, listen our environment, silence also build your attention span and improve your listening skills. I announce that silence game has started and we need to remain in silence for 1 minute (we will increase it by 1 minute per week).

No comments:

Post a Comment