Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting Wet on Wet: Waldorf Watercolors for Children

Last week I make my first order through Bella Luna Toys www.bellalunatoys.com and I'm very pleased with my order, not only for the high quality of  the products, but for the natural satisfaction I saw reflected on my children faces. I feel so grateful for being able to provide this high quality materials to my little ones, watching them...stroke after stroke...

This is what you need:

Stockmar watercolor Paint -  20 m.l (Carmine Red, Ultramarine Blue and Lemon Yellow.) http://www.bellalunatoys.com/waldorf-art-supplies/painting/stockmar-watercolor-paint-20-ml.html,

Waldorf Watercolor Paint Brush  http://www.bellalunatoys.com/waldorf-art-supplies/painting/waldorf-watercolor-paint-brush.html

 Heavy weight watercolor (140 lb weight, tape-bound pad, cold press) http://www.bellalunatoys.com/waldorf-art-supplies/painting/watercolor-paper.html

 

Then I told them a color story like this one :

 

One morning, Tippy Brush woke up and looked outside his bedroom window. It was a crisp autumn morning. As he looked outside his window, he saw bright red leaves falling from the maple tree and blowing in the wind, filling the sky with their color. ‘Oh, I want to play with red today!’ he thought.

So Tippy jumped out of bed, but before he went outside, he had a nice foot bath…

[Here I would demonstrate rinsing the bristles clean in the jar of water]

…and dried his feet clean with his towel [the rag]. Then Tippy ran outside and cried, “Good morning, Red! I’ve come to play with you!”


[At this point Tippy (my brush) dips his “toes” (the bristles) in the red paint.]

The red leaves were happy to have a playmate, and Tippy joyfully danced among the falling red leaves, until there were piles of bright red leaves all around.”

 If you want to add other colors just change the color on the story.....








No comments:

Post a Comment